Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Teething & Other Adventures

Arianna, all dressed up to meet her little boyfriend at City Park



Arianna threw me a curve ball this past week. She kept rubbing her left ear and I thought "ear infection?" Nope, ears were clear, per her pediatrician. Probably, teething. Oh teething - you sneaky devil. I should have known, with how much she has been gnawing on Sophie the Giraffe, but the only way to rule out the ear infection was to have the Dr. take a look. I guess that is why we have health insurance. She has also been seriously obsessed with her feet, especially when she is wearing colorful socks. I now know why the yoga pose is called happy baby. On Friday, she turned 5 months old. The time is really flying by it. I feel like if I blink, she will be going to college.



Mr. Quarks and Arianna are going to be the dynamic duo, once she gets a little bit older. I can only imagine all of the trouble that they will get into together. He can steal stuff from places that would be out of reach for her and I know she will share her snacks with him. He is going to be in dog heaven. This morning, he got in Arianna's face to sniff her; well, Arianna raised her eyebrows at him and he just laid down in front of her. Wow. He doesn't even listen to me that well. He is definitely her dog. Buca is starting to come around more, and let Arianna pet her this morning - for about 30 seconds then decided that she'd had enough.

Mr. Quarks is always close.




The weather has actually been enjoyable for the past couple of weeks. By that I mean lower 70's and not very humid. I've been trying to spend as much time outdoors as I can while the weather is like this. I met a couple of friends at City Park in Baton Rouge and we walked around with the munchkins. City Park is a cute little park that during the day is a nice place to walk. There is a cute golf course and the University Lakes are also there with a bike/run path around them. We still haven't checked out Tammany Trace, maybe if it is nice this weekend, we will make it out there. There are a couple of weekly group runs that I would really like to check out, but since we live out in Egypt and Arianna's bedtime is 7pm, they are still out of the question for me at this point.

Well all of the baby weight is gone! I can thank healthy eating, exercise, and breast feeding for that. We have always eaten pretty healthy, my one downfall is the love affair that I have with pizza. I can't stay away for too long. Our newest find that we like here in Baton Rouge is at the Whole Foods, where we do all of our grocery shopping. They roast coffee beans in house! It is the best coffee, we buy about a 2 weeks worth and vacuum seal it in the canisters we have. I have gotten seriously spoiled with coffee - I grind it fresh everyday and make it in a french press. Yum! The WF here also has an awesome bulk section so you can purchase rice, beans, nuts, grains, etc. by weight and save on packaging. 

I'm still reading On the Road and will probably finish it this week. My goal for the year is 20 books. So far I'm on #4 (not counting the books I read to Arianna). I think this makes me ahead of my goal, but there is another growth spurt looming and also more adventures in teething, I'm sure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment