It's happening. I am committing to running the Space Coast Half Marathon this year. Also, Kevin has committed to running it with me. I never thought he would agree to a second after his first half experience in the OBX Half Marathon 2 years ago, but am very happy that he wants to run another one! I think we are also going to try to do one of the races in Baton Rouge next year (all of the races here are held Dec-early Mar because the heat). [Marty, expect for me to get in touch with you soon about training]
As I mentioned in my last post, Arianna is now 6 months old! We had her appointment with the pediatrician on Friday and she is now 13lbs 7.5oz and 25" long, which puts her around the 25% for her age. She is staying petite. The other thing that has started with her is stranger anxiety. While we were out grocery shopping on Saturday, we ran into a friend of ours (whom Arianna has met several times) and started screaming whenever she made eye contact. I have tried my best to get Arianna out and around as many people as I can, but since we just moved here almost a year ago (can you believe it?) I still don't know many people here.
This brings me to our next bit of news; we are possibly moving into town in the next couple of months. Being out in Egypt does have its perks (mainly, safety), but we really miss the convinence of living in civilization. Moving is going to help make it possible to make it to Masters swimming (expect some crawfish swim caps in the mail) and various group runs during the week. We are hoping for one rental house that we found, and I will update all of you with our new address as soon as we know with some certainty.
I will close on a bit of a sad note. I'm having to say goodbye to a good friend of mine for the past 8 years. Yes, I am referring to my MacBook. It is dying, but hey, it had a good run.
The silver lining: a new Mac! Yay!


No comments:
Post a Comment