![]() |
| After our run in City Park |
It seems that spring is finally making an appearance. How can I tell since the temps have been in at least the 70's since, well, we moved here a year ago? The pollen. Kevin has been sniffling and sneezing non-stop which means the pine trees are the culprit. Time will tell if I will have my turn. The only thing that seems to bother me is the flowering oak that we had in the triangle. I'm pretty sure what we have here, in Louisiana, is live oak. I may get lucky and not get the sniffles this year. The Love bugs are back; not quite to the extent of the biblical swarms that we experienced last year. I'm sure in time, they will increase their numbers. At least, they don't bite like the deer flies in Umstead. Also, with spring comes some pretty impressive thunderstorms. We are expecting a good one this afternoon; I do enjoy listening to thunderstorms. For some reason, they are relaxing for me.
This past weekend, I took Kevin to City Park for our run so we could have some new scenery. The park in Walker gets kind of boring, since it is only a half mile loop. We ran an out and back past the golf course and partly around City Park Lake. Kevin was impressed with how pretty the park is with all of the old oak trees. Also, there were actually other people out running! I think if we do a full loop around both City Park Lake and University Lake it is about 5-6 miles. That will be much better for long runs. We are slowly finding better places to run. It feels nice to be active again.
When we were finished with our run, we decided to try Arianna out on the swing at the playground. She really seemed to like it. I think she also really liked watching the other kids running around and playing. I need to get out with her more. I am thinking about signing up for a baby water class; it could be a good way to meet some other parents in the area and for Arianna to meet some other kids. Right now she has 2 friends, she needs a more expanded social circle.
.jpeg)




No comments:
Post a Comment